5.26.2008

Conversations I overheard last night and desperately tried not to participate in but ultimately failed

Highlights:

Snippet #1:
Person 1: "Do you really think Obama is the anti-Christ?"
Person 2: "No, the anti-Christ will be from Israel."
Person 1: "Oh."

Snippet #2:
Person 1: "Do you KNOW what Obama's middle name is?"
Me: "Hussein."
Person 1 (bug-eyed): "Yeah, I mean..."
Me: "What?"
Person 1: "I can't believe anyone in this country would vote for a Muslim."
Me: "Um, Obama is not a Muslim. He is a Christian."
Person 1: "Well, he was raised Muslim."
Me: "No he wasn't."
Then me, walking away.

Snippet #3:
Person 1: "I just wish they would re-write the law so that George Bush could serve a 3rd term. I think he's done a pretty good job and would be better than anyone running."
Me: "I can't remember the last time I've disagreed with something more."
Person 1: "I'm just playin'"
Person 2: "I really like the guy."
Then me, walking away.

Good times!!

6 comments:

Maria Margarita said...

I love the dramatic "then me, walking away" theme. What good diplomacy, Laura Sue. Last week, in a hear-what-other-peeps-are-thinking experiment I tuned into AM Talk radio five or six times. Lots of Juan McCain this and Juan McCain that. (The idea that he's a Leftist!!) Oh my. Oh my my. Then me, walking away.
-Mia

Maria Margarita said...

Also: the unsubtle race-baiting. Eek.

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff, but who's this Obama guy you speak of?

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I am so scared for this country.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I am so scared for this country.

Unknown said...

I am not sure which post, this one or the prior one about feces, made me more nauseous.