5.30.2008

All I Want is Food and Creative Love

If you can correctly identify (WITHOUT googling) the band who sings the song referenced in this title, I will send you one of Scooby's whiskers.

Memorial Day was a dream. I never get to spend a full day with Adam anymore. I worked Sunday night, so when I got home Monday morning, I just wanted to go to bed. But I suppressed that and instead, we went for a hike with the dogs and then to the reservoir, where we proceeded to take an extremely satisfying collective family nap underneath this amazing shade tree.

On our way to the lake, we stopped off at the Piggly Wiggly (this place really does exist!) to get some stuff for lunch. I was in charge of this mission, and I have to consider it a failure. I got a loaf of bread, some chicken salad, a bag of chips, and a gallon of iced tea. It all seemed like a safe bet. Well, the dogs ended up with the chicken salad and Adam had a chip sandwich for lunch. Hmmm. Must improve my picnicking skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Booger knows...He's got over thirty songs by Rusted Root downloaded via limewire, and has seen the band perform live, though it's been many years ago...I look forward to having a nice thick Scooby whisker to add to my collection of hawk & woodpecker feathers. You know how to reach me, right? ~Uncle Booger

Jill/ No B said...

Tried a comment earlier today but now see that it didn't post. I'll try again. Enjoy your nursing comments very much. Can relate to the "frequent flyer" and the "code brown". Also Piggly Wiggly takes me back......my grandmother, your great-grandmother shopped there all the time and referred to it as "the pig". See ya at the picnic Sat. IL (no, not ill but IL) cousin

Doombah Chucklefanny said...

I can't see if this worked the first time or not! But Rusted Root! Great cd....it's about time to bust that sucker out and put back into rotation!