4.10.2008

Commitment Issues

We had our first hot and humid day, and I needed, physically REQUIRED, a chocolate milkshake. There is a train track between my house and pretty much everything, including the Dairy Queen. I am fully capable of patiently waiting at the track without any angry fist-shaking. The train has a job to do and I respect that. I'm never in a hurry anyway. However, the train conductor on this particular day decided to run the train back and forth, back and forth, north and south across the track. It was impossible to tell which way he was actually trying to go because he wasn't getting anywhere. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back, repeatedly. This went on for a solid 15 minutes, and nearly everyone in the line made a u-turn and returned from whence they came, figuring this crackhead driving the train was never going to commit to one direction. Unlike my total commitment to getting a milkshake. Which is the only reason fathomable that I waited as long as I did. It totally paid off. The shake was delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...milkshakes...
No heat or humidity here in the Rockies...big spring snowstorm. Want to trade?