12.19.2007

I don't like it when....

You know how some people fall asleep - with their eyes half open, rolled into the back of their head so you can only see the whites, their mouths partially open, maybe a little drool making a great escape and sliding down the chin? Combine this with someone sleeping in an upright position so their head is slumped over too. Well it's not a pretty picture in the best of circumstances. But when I walk into a very sick patient's room at 3 in the morning and this is what I see? I freaks out a little. I stand there and stare at the chest to wait for it to rise or fall. And if that is not easily visible, I go to poking. Yes people, I am a professional and this is what I do. I poke you (gently) to make sure you are not dead in the hospital bed. It's science. Any of you out there who sleep like that, you need to cut. it. out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laura. I can totally see you doing that! Funny girl!

Kelly B. said...

comforting... I hope all professionals behave this way in their tasks...

Laura Sue said...

hey, i don't make the rules.