10.21.2009

Tang Pie

I can't really explain the role Tang Pie has had in the Wolfe family. It wasn't a featured item at every holiday or anything like that, but we had it enough that I felt like it was a pretty normal thing to eat. You know how you don't really question these things until it comes up in conversation one day in your twenties and your friend is like "Wha????? Tang Pie???"

Or, maybe you are 22 and at a company meeting in Ireland and one of the icebreaker conversations was to name the weirdest thing you've ever eaten. You lean over to your boss and whisper "Is squirrel a weird thing to eat?" and she looks back at you with horror, and then you are definitely the person in the room who has eaten the weirdest thing.

Anyway, the point is that sometimes it takes a 3rd party to point out the culinary oddities of your life. Now back to Tang Pie.

The recipe is just as easy and redneck as you might imagine: 1 can Sweetened Condensed milk, 1/2 c tang, 1/2 pint sour cream, 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Mix all together, spoon into prepared graham cracker crust, and chill or freeze.

Please please please, make this for your loved ones and report back.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I could eat an entire one right now!

McBlaney said...

I'm drooling.

nonni said...

WHA! Tang Pie!!!!

nonni said...

My mother occasionally made tomato soup cake, which I think I tried once, but could never get past the tomato vs cake whole thing

Erica said...

Fuzzy and I drink a lot of tang, so this might happen sooner rather than later. Or maybe for Thanksgiving. I will report back.
Thank you!
xoxo

WonderGirl said...

I want you to know that I am making this for Sunday dessert for my kids for the FIRST time tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes! I predict it'll get eight thumbs up.

Thanks for reminding me of this yummy treat and posting the recipe, too!

WonderGirl said...

Raging success. Will add this to my bag o'tricks!!