2.14.2009

Valentine's Day

Adam and I have never been big on this holiday, but we are loving each other so much right now because of Gus, we just had to celebrate! Because the day fell on a work day for me, last Thursday was our Valentine's Day. We went to the gym (we actually really enjoy doing this together, believe it or not, so it's not as unromantic as it may seem), then we went out to our new favorite sushi place. We topped that off with some frozen custard. Then we picked up a few bottles of vino and sat on the couch til 2:30 in the morning with the dogs at our feet and a sleeping Gus in our arms, just talking about life and hopes and dreams and blessings, not what bills we had to pay or what to do with our tax refund. It was a perfect date.

So even though we already paid due respect to the holiday, I've been a little mopey today because this is the REAL holiday and I had to sleep all day. By the time I woke up, Adam and Gus were heading out the door to go do Man Stuff. Boo hoo. But it was nice to have a few quiet hours to myself before returning to work tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!! Even if you don't have a sweetheart, I hope you are feeling all of the love in your life today!

No comments: