2.24.2009

Mardi Gras with a 3-month old

File this under "Brave and Risky Decisions That Totally Paid Off!"

We temporarily lost our minds and decided to bring Gus to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, while I simultaneously participated in one of my best friend's bachelorette party. Everything worked out so great, and it was such a blast!!

I owe a huge thanks to my mom and Adam for taking care of Gus pretty much the whole weekend, leaving me free to roam. We did bring the baby into the fold almost all day on Saturday and Sunday, but we always had an easy out if we needed it.

It was the perfect weekend for ushering one of my best friends into matrimony. Now the countdown to the wedding begins!! Mary Blaney becomes Mary McCarthy in less than 3 weeks!




3 comments:

McBlaney said...

what an amazing time - i still can't thank you and adam enough for going to such lengths to join me for such a crazy weekend!!

i'm already missing cuddletime with uncle fester, jr BIG TIME!

usafhockey said...

i love your loyalty and determination. that is all.

-L

Nancy Katzen said...

You gotta love it when it all works out. Taking Grandma along is always a good idea. What an experience for little Gus