2.19.2009

Further proof that we've had a baby

You know you've neglected things when you pull a weed that is bigger than your 90 pound pit bull mix. That is ONE WEED people! I must have walked by that weed a couple thousand times over the course of its life, only recently noting, subconsciously, how large it was getting. Finally this morning I noticed it quite consciously and thought "Dayum!! That's embarrassing!" So I went to weedin'. I thought for a second about just adopting this big one into my flower bed because you've got to admire its vitality and gumption, and I thought maybe those qualities could rub off on my other plants, but no. I remembered that weeds work in the exact opposite fashion. It had to be pulled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how is your garden growing? If you can grow weeds that big, you should have some killer tomatoes this year. I'm sure the doggie doo fertilizer works great, if this plant is any indication.

Anonymous said...

It looks like it'd make a nice salad! -Mia