11.17.2008

Big day today!

It's my first full day with Gus and no help. I have a very good feeling about it. The biggest item on the agenda is his first doctor's appointment at 9:30 this morning.

Last night started out ominously. He was fussier than he has ever been and, like true newbies, we could not figure out why. I had JUST fed him, but apparently he hadn't gotten enough. So I fed him again, then after that he cut up AGAIN. So I fed him AGAIN. The little piggy got 3 feedings basically in a row and then he was out like a light by 11:00. Then I woke up at 3 A.M. and slightly panicked because he hadn't made a peep for 4 hours. I looked over at him and he was sleeping so soundly. I woke him up for another feeding and then he went right back to sleep until Adam's alarm went off this morning.

So, in short, baby's first sins: gluttony and sloth! But he is forgiven because we all got a fantastic night of sleep.

It was very hard to say goodbye to Adam this morning as he went off to work. While I am happy to start putting my life back together, it is bittersweet to know that the first week, with all of its precious excitement and newness and tenderness, is gone. I suppose this is the first of a million times I will feel this way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's a place in the baby book for that, "First Sins". It's right beside "First Outing" and "First Smile".

He's adorable, even in his fallen state! Haha!!

Ashley said...

just got on for the first time in a few days- haven't seen all these pics yet! He is really something, Laura. Good luck today- you are going to do great on your own! I am going to call you later about this week.

McBlaney said...

dude, Gus is already my kinda people! he's definitely the cutest wee beastie of them all!