11.24.2008

14 days

What were you doing this time 2 weeks ago? If I remember correctly (and I think I do), I was in the middle of having a freakin' BABY! And now he's here, chilling in his boppy, looking exactly like this:
We had another weigh-in this morning at the pediatrician's. Last Thursday's weigh-in didn't go so hot. He was still way behind on catching back up to his birth weight. The doctor, a real peach, told me I had a scrawny baby and then proceeded to ask if I was one of "those people" who wants to breastfeed exclusively. When I proudly answered in the affirmative, he ever-so-kindly said he'd give me the weekend to "prove myself." Well, the gauntlet was thrown, and Gus and I love a good challenge. He ate almost constantly all weekend, and the results were awesome this morning.

For those handful of people who care about baby weights, Gus is a fabulously corpulent 8 pounds, 8 ounces. He gained 13 ounces in a mere 4 days. How satisfying it was to see that same doctor again this morning, and how badly I wanted to say, "Ha! Shove it!"

We have a big day planned. Gus is eager to finish the Dickens novel I'm reading to him. In fact, he's fussing for it now. Gotta scoot!

1 comment:

usafhockey said...

Gus has long arms! He may rival me in wingspan competitions in the near future. And if he does, tell him the trick to pictures is to tuck one long arm behind your back :)

I am the worst friend ever... but do have your package on its way...
-L