10.12.2008

Emotional Hibernation

I am not avoiding the blog for lack of bloggable topics. Actually it's the opposite. There is entirely too much thinking going on in my noggin', and sorting through the mess is a real challenge. I may need to just turn things off until we have the baby. Or I may go on some crazy blogging rampage. Who knows.

I feel like my entire world is just inside my head right now, and that is where I am living almost exclusively. Hopefully this explains my lack of attention to returning phone calls and emails. Is this what happens to women involved in a staring contest showdown with Imminent Motherhood?

My dear friend Liz flew in from Durango for the week and temporarily rescued me from this state of dormancy. It was super fabulous to have her here. I greatly appreciated the distraction, even though we did lots of baby-related things. It makes an enormous difference to do those things with a girlfriend.

Would you believe we didn't take one picture the entire week? We talked a lot about how we should be taking pictures, and then we never did. Oh well. You'll have to take my word for it. She really was here.

No comments: