9.18.2008

A promise to you!

Faithful readers, you have my word: if I do end up using the baby cage or the shopping cart seat cover, I will document it in photos, which I will post on this blog. I am not afraid to eat crow. I'll probably do it quite a bit since I seem to have some pretty lofty ideas regarding parenthood.

A disclaimer - I'm pretty sure Adam and I have no idea just how drastically life is about to change. We think we have a good idea, but we also know there could come a day when we understand the brilliance behind the baby cage. I will give each of you your well-earned chance at a good "I told ya so!" should that day come.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

]]hey- your ideas aren't lofty- i hope you didn't think I mean that by my comments- I was just fessing up. I will admit that I have a lot of baby gear and a lot of it was unneccessary. Its great that you can be so level headed about this- there is a ton of junk geared towards parents, making us all think we need to buy buy buy to be good parents. Its shameful actually.

But, I did think the shopping cart cover is great!!

Anonymous said...

Laura, you will find that crow is one of the staples for all first time parents. You will likely find yourself doing, saying, and thinking theings you never dreamed possible.

And loving every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I am considering starting a betting pool to see how long the cloth diapers last. Uncle Joey will not be plunging any poop-filled diapers in and out of a toilet, running the risk of having Baby Lornitzo's fecal matter splash up on me--oh, Hell no.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Joey, I would gladly take you up on the betting pool idea, if only Laura Sue had in fact sent me a Scooby whisker when I correctly answered her musical trivia question a few months back, on this very blog ("Creative Love" remember that one?)...Maybe she got too busy, shedding the Jeep, moving and baby-making, eh? No biggie, but I'm holding my bets, even though it seems like a sure thing. Anyway, I recall thinking cloth diapers were the obvious way-to-go for my first-born, but having 5 kids currently, I know better now: things just...CHANGE. And I DO appreciate the whole "Oh, HELL no" notion, there's nothing quite like a nappy full of brown mustard...Namaste, Uncle Booger