9.14.2008

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Mix together:
-some chicken (I usually debone a small chicken, but you can use canned chicken if you are in a pinch, or even just a few boiled chicken breasts)
-a can of Veg-All
-a can of cream of chicken soup
-a heaping spoon full of sour cream
-some shredded cheddar cheese (amount: oodles)

Throw it in a pie dish with some ready-made pie crusts, pop it in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes, and you've got yourself a fine chicken pot pie. Let it cool for about 15 minutes before you cut into it, or else the middle will be kinda soupy.

Admittedly, I feel like I'm cheating by calling this "homemade," since I didn't make the pie crusts and canned goods were involved. But still, I think it qualifies in a loose sort of way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite, quick dishes. I don't use Veg-All, though. I use a can of condensed chicken soup. (I can't have the English peas in the Veg-All ruining my delicious meal.) Also, the more cheese you use, the better off you are (in my book).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.