8.12.2008

Bed Bath & Beyond Stupid

There I am, minding my own business in Bed Bath & Beyond, innocently looking for a new shower curtain to compliment my turquoise walls, when all of a sudden I hear a cacophony of deep, bass, male, jock laughter of the "huh huh" variety. I look up to see 3 young military dudes absolutely roaring and doubled over with laughter. I'm at a total loss as to what could be so funny in this ridiculous box store full of rugs, paper towel holders, and bathroom scales, when I finally get a peek at what they are looking at.

A very oversized universal TV remote.

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and think, "well, maybe it's related to an inside joke they've had for years." But then one of them goes, "It's like a PIZZA!!" which sets the other 2 to laughing even harder. Um, ok. I guess in that it is a flat object, it is like a pizza. But in no other way is it like a pizza.

Then I started laughing, most definitely AT them and not WITH them.

3 comments:

McBlaney said...

my cousins totally got my uncle kevin that remote because apparently he would always lose it and then bitch about never being able to find it.

i wish the gulfport meatheads could have seen the genius in such a remote.

Ashley said...

I got that remote control for my father in law too.

And I totally got what those guys were joking about. I mean, come one, Laura, think about it. Pizza. Really big remote control. How can you not see the similarity, and hilarity of it all?

Anonymous said...

ah, the few, the proud...notice nowhere in there do they say 'the intelligent'.

a pizza--well at least they know their shapes!!
xx