6.19.2008

The Sun Herald

The local paper here has a section called "Sound Off," wherein readers can send in little comments about recent articles, their deadbeat dad, the rising cost of a fishing license, poorly timed red lights on highway 49, you name it. You can imagine the gems I find here regularly. Here's one:

"OK, Sun Herald, now you are taking this too fast, coming Sunday, "... the real terrorists at Guantanamo Bay." I'll tell you what, I subscribe to your paper, and I don't want to see this bull, even if it is true, I don't want to read this. I am a patriot. Has this paper gone so far to the other side it's pathetic. Should we go back to Berkeley, Calif.? Should we free all the terrorists in this country, free all the terrorists in Guantanamo Bay, are we gonna sympathize with them and let them all free? I realize they have rights. I don't want to read this."

Ignorance is bliss?

No comments: