6.19.2008

Papoose

We are over halfway there. We had our 2nd ultrasound today, and we caught the baby yawning!! (Could he be bored with us already?? It's gonna be a long 18 years, little one.) It was ridiculously cute and funny. He (gender-neutral "he") was sleeping when we so rudely interrupted. That will likely be the last look we have into the womb, and I am fine with that. It's sacred business in there. You won't see us lined up to pay a few hundred dollars for a 3D ultrasound in some strip mall somewhere.

I was going to label this picture, but I think it's pretty easy to make out. (The brighter spot in the very center of the photo is the nose, the dark spot just to the left of that is the mouth mid-yawn.)

And.... FEET!! I already want to nibble on those, but it'll be way better when they aren't covered in amniotic fluid.

I am happy to report we resisted the temptation to find out the sex of the baby. Only one person on the planet knows, some ultrasound tech, and she swore to promptly forget as soon as we left the building. So the guessing games may proceed.

6 comments:

McBlaney said...

i legitimately suck when it comes to making out sonogram details. i will make sure i tell baby lornitzo, many years from now, that at one point in time i saw a picture of him/she and thought it the equivalent of a 1st grade finger painting drawing, after being photoshopped and given a black & white effect.

oh, and i do strongly believe the lornitzo baby will be a He, since the guessing games have begun.... mainly because i'm convinced that years from now my first will be a She, and since our kids are going to get married, it would make things a lot easier that way ;-).

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Can't wait to see my newest grandchild and count those fingers and toes. Amazing, and i'm predicting a girl.....looks like SHE likes to sleep like her momma. And the feet are gen-u-ine Wolfe all the way!! I'm sure he/she will be a perfect mixture of both you and Adam.

What did you say that sonographers name was???? Just curious :)

Anonymous said...

I wish you had labeled the photo. I see what appears to be a bass guitar leaning on a giant candy cane. But I do see the feet, and those are GIRL'S feet. All that's missing is a toe ring.

Ashley said...

I see a boy in there- he looks like you though, in a fuzzy sort of way.

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmm...I would have to guess the gender of baby Lornitzo is...Huh, well, it's got to be one or the other, eh? Like a coin flipped a hundred times, it's either heads or tails, each time, yet each time, the odds remain 50/50, even if the previous 99 coin tosses were tails. I will go out on a limb here, and guess that baby Lornitzo is a baby MAN, and that's my final answer. For now.
~Uncle Booger

Jill/ No B said...

I see the guitar and candy cane too. And those feet are girls!!!!