6.17.2008

I Am Legend

Have you seen this movie? Mary and I agree: worst movie EVER. Here's why.

From the first second in the movie, you understand that Will Smith's only friend in the world is his dog. I told Adam right away, if anything happens to this dog, I'm going to lose it. Sure enough, the dog gets bitten by the mutant, rabid, evil, Satan dogs, meaning the poor pooch has to die. What's worse is that Will Smith's character actually has to kill her with his own hands. And it would have to be a German Shepherd, which I have an emotional attachment to anyway, since our family dog while I was growing up was a German Shepherd.

True to my word, I began openly sobbing. I mean, quality sobbing, facial contortions, shaking, the whole bit. I had to turn away from my own husband because it was so ridiculous. Then I started laughing like a possessed maniac because I was crying at a stupid sci-fi movie. It was not a pretty sight. Adam is no stranger to this type of behavior from me, although this was seriously extreme, so he just quietly went and got me a wet rag and said "there, there." He then laughed at me, which I totally deserved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! That episode sounded like it could be the beginning of some weird pregnancy thing where you have severe mood swings. It's what I've been waiting for in your pregnancy. Let me know when you start eating dirt.

I've seen far worse movies than I Am Legend, though. As for Will Smith's character killing putting down his own dog, that's what one does as a responsible pet owner. He was just performing his duty. Don't hate.

Laura Sue said...

I love that you are just waiting for me to go crazy or something. I hope I disappoint you.

Don't get me wrong, I know Will did what he had to do. That dog would have killed him if he hadn't killed it. But we could have done without that plot element. My beef is with the writers of the screenplay. Why they gotta play with my emotions like that?

McBlaney said...

laura, i underline everything you say, and i don't think you should find any shame in your uncontrollable sobbing... at least you have pregnancy hormones as an excuse... i, on the other hand, sobbed uncontrollably and can't defend it with a scientific explanation.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I thought it was one of the most moving depictions of the social injustices shown to zombies I have ever seen. I also wept.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I thought it was one of the most moving depictions of the social injustices shown to zombies I have ever seen. I also wept.

Anonymous said...

Wow an e-echo!

Anonymous said...

I agree...worst movie ever.

The only redeeming qualities of this film were 1) the trailer for The Dark Knight (we saw it in the theater), and 2) the Bob Marley element.

Of course, out of the group of people we saw this with, I had to be the lone person who thought it utterly sucked.