5.02.2008

Accomplishment

While I consider myself a strong female, capable of doing pretty much anything a man can do, I have to admit that since I've been with Adam, I have gladly let him take over the more typically masculine duties of day-to-day living, like changing the oil and killing bugs and lifting heavy things. So it was a little out of the ordinary for me to mow the lawn today, but I did it and it was extremely gratifying. I should probably do this kind of thing more often, as I'm feeling a little too proud of myself right now.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

its funny how you fall into the roles of wife and husband, man and woman, when you get married. I have to tell you, I would rather do laundry any day than mow the grass. I did it one time and it ended in tears and foul language.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you ever cut grass when you were growing up, I'm proud of your new accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I've never operated a lawn mower in my 32 years on this planet. You should feel proud!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you GO, girl!

(When I was a boy, it was my job to keep the grass short, with a push-mower, no motor. I hated it, so I put it off, consistently. Unfortunately, the longer the grass, the tougher it is to push through it, and the more repeating is required to actually leave it short and even. Once the grass gets long enough to encircle the power mower blade, which resembles a barbershop pole, the whole thing comes to a screetching halt. As I recall, it also ended in tears and foul language. &@$@#$%&^#%@!)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, confound these new-fangled high tech doo-hickies! I meant to sign that comment about the push-mower...Come to think of it, maybe new fangled doo-hickies are okay sometimes, I haven't seen a push-mower in years.

~Uncle Booger