3.05.2008

DM Freakin' V

I am 100% cursed by something evil when it comes to the DMV. I have never had an easy time of it, no matter where I have lived. Adam and I discussed this early on in our relationship, and I discovered that he has basically never had a bad experience with the DMV. How is this possible!!?? He is blessed among men. Or he is lying. Can't decide which.

After 6 months of living in Mississippi, I finally got around to getting my license changed over. I won't outline all of the ways in which this went badly. Let's just say that I spent a total of about 7 hours trying to get it taken care of. SEVEN HOURS OF MY LIFE.

And now, gentle reader, please feast your eyes upon the Harrison County Department of Motor Vehicles Licensing and Registration Division.



Doesn't exactly give you the warm fuzzies right away. But at least they thought of the handicapped. Kind of.



This sign is the reason people that aren't from Mississippi like to ask us kiddingly if we still use the outhouse or remark sarcastically that they are surprised to see us wearing shoes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Sue said...

So true!!

Laura Sue said...

Yet another mysterious inadvertently deleted comment. What gives! Sorry Sue!

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least a sign was posted.

Kelly B. said...

I think this violates the Americans with Disabilities Act... I'll be reporting it...

Ashley said...

that space doesn't even look big enough to park your tractor either, isn't that also a violation?