2.06.2008

Mardi Gras Day #1

Here's what Adam and I have been up to for the last few days. Sunday began with us donning jheri-curl wigs and masks at a shop in the French Quarter.





Then we moved south on St. Charles to catch the end of one of the smaller parades, as we made our way to meet my brother for the beginning of Bacchus. I decided to practice harassing people for beads and taking opportunities from children, as I knew the competition would be much stiffer once the big floats started rolling by.



Finally, we found my brother and Bacchus begins. Hulk Hogan was the King of Bacchus this year, and, sadly, none of my pictures of him are decent enough to post. Joey, with much more experience under his belt, proved a formidable foe and showed me how it was done. Despite my jealousy at his superior bead-catching skills, I took the high road and did not hurt him, even managed to keep smiling and take a friendly picture.




Here I am with one of my last catches of the night before we had to drive back to Gulfport and rest up for two more days of the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you!! Looks like you had a wonderful time last weekend. Bring me some of the goods, I'll ship them to Honduras. I know they will make some little girls smile :)
Love you! mom

Laura Sue said...

Oh we have LOADS of beads and stuff bagged up for the Honduras kiddies. I know Joey was saving a bunch of his too!