1.30.2008

Serious squabbling at 1:30 AM

Neither of us could sleep last night. So, as per usual, we tossed and turned and debated really serious matters. The conversation started innocently and harmoniously enough. We had just finished "The Bourne Ultimatum" and were in total agreement that Julia Stiles was a weird choice for her role because, in Adam's words, "she certainly does not know how to kick ass." But then the talking wandered into dangerous territory. For instance, Adam claimed, with total confidence, that the Red Hot Chili Peppers' debut album was released in 1982. I was aghast. First of all, his knowledge of music trivia simply could not lend this fact to be true. Especially when my own grasp of this particular subject matter was dubious at best. As is my way, I very adamantly, perhaps even ostentatiously, disagreed, for absolutely no other reason than I just couldn't accept that Adam knew this and I didn't. So I declared that the Chili Peppers, in fact, could not have released their debut album until the late 80's. I was so persuasive that Adam started waffling and wondering if maybe he had gotten it all wrong and it was really 1988 that their first album came out and did he make a huge mistake in marrying me. Well, I threatened to get up and check wikipedia at that ungodly hour, but it was just too cold. So this morning, off he went to work, this matter completely unsettled. Until now. It pains me to say it, but my husband was more right than me. The band actually did form in 1983, and their first album was released in 1984. So, Adam, enjoy this moment. I know you will.

No comments: