1.30.2008

Evening Constitutional

Tonight as I was walking the dogs, I came upon two very strange sights. First, a block from our house, a weave lying in the middle of the road. Adam and I have actually seen this weave before. I think one of the dogs has even peed on it. It has fueled more than one joke on our daily walks. But after a heavy rainstorm last week, we didn't see it. I thought it was gone from our lives forever. But tonight, there it was again!! How very curious. Where did it go and how did it find its way back? The second oddity was a fish head lying in the middle of a sidewalk. This is not the first time I have seen a fishhead on the sidewalk before, but this one was lying immediately adjacent to a trash can, so it made more sense. Like someone went outside with the fish head in one hand and a bag of trash in the other, attempted to throw them both in the bin, the fish head bounced off the rim and landed on the sidewalk, and the person said "screw it" and left it there. But this one today, totally nonsensical and without any reasonable context. Such a strange place we live in.

3 comments:

Kelly B. said...

I'd like to see a picture of this weave.

Laura Sue said...

We are always saying how we should take a picture of it but we never remember our camera. Let your imagination run wild!

Doombah Chucklefanny said...

This is Hilarious, Laura! I've never seen a stray weave before...