6.30.2010

Tenth Day

I have no idea what I ever did to deserve such easy babies who love to sleep! We are well into week #2 with Mack and it has been smooth sailing (mostly)! Please please please dear God don't make me eat those words.

Gus has been a total champ. It doesn't seem to register for him in the slightest that our family just underwent a major expansion. He is the same little guy he always was. He does crawl into my lap more often, especially when I'm nursing Mack. But it honestly seems to be more out of affection than jealousy, as he is never pushy about it and is always smiling. He even likes to give Mack little love pats all over, which sometimes end up being heavy love pushes against major abdominal organs. We're working on that.

The biggest challenge is preparing to leave the house. We had to go back to the hospital today for Mack's hearing test, and it took me a good hour to get all of us ready. And that wasn't even me trying to look nice or put on makeup or anything. God forbid someone really needs me in a pinch this next month or so.

Our biggest hiccup so far was that Gus came down with a fever for a few days, and keeping the babies separated was a bit of a challenge. Is there anything more pitiful than a sick toddler? Nothing comes to mind. He was downright heartbreaking. But oh man was I LOVING the snuggles.

All better now though! 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I didnt' realize you had been updating! Love your birth story, makes me want to do it all over again (minus some of that pain you had though!). Arthur Mack is beautiful, and I am so glad that Gus is adjusting well and Mack is sleeping!! Yay!