12.15.2009

Road Rage

Say you are driving along a 3-lane highway. You come upon a sign warning that the left lane will be closed in 1/2 mile. You see that people are already merging. You, a good citizen of the road, also merge. Then, you see a car ZOOM by in the left lane, passings dozens of cars for the full 1/2 mile, proceeding all the way up to the point of the merge, and then cutting over at the last minute, probably rushing off on very important business, shaving off a few minutes of their daily trip to Whataburger to beat the lunch crowd.

Rage isn't the word.

Do you think inconsiderate, selfish drivers can simultaneously be good, decent, kind people? I am really torn on this. I think that, likely, this behavior carries over into other aspects of life. I know it is not right for me to curse a complete stranger, someone I know nothing about except that they have just been an ass-hat at this one moment in time. But I can't help myself. I curse them. I curse them for behaving as though their time is more important than mine. Despicable!

No comments: