4.02.2009

XXX

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. You made me feel completely loved as I reached such a ripe age. I am honestly excited about the 30's. Everything just seems to get better and better as I go!

However. I did feel a bit geriatric, getting unnaturally excited about my new KitchenAid mixer from Adam and the quilting supplies from Mom. Oh, and the apricot tree from Adam - now that my bowels are so old, I can really use an extra source of fiber I guess.

I have to hand it to my husband. He took me out for dinner and didn't bat an eye at the $10 cocktails. And then when we went shopping for sunglasses after dinner, my final birthday present, his specific instructions were for me to spend an irresponsible amount of money so I wouldn't feel too grown up. Love him!

Of course the most fabulous birthday present was my newborn nephew, Karr, who finally made it home this afternoon! Gus and I went over to Nick's for a visit tonight and just reveled in the beauty of his family. Life is so good!

1 comment:

Nurse Wonderful said...

That is too cute! Good job Adam... expensive sunglasses are lovely and I find mine to be an interesting challenge (as in, keeping them and not trashing them... =) Worth it!