1.16.2009

Laughing Matters

Last night Adam and I were both reading in bed. Gus was quietly and cutely sleeping in his cradle. The dogs were snuggled up together. The wind was howling outside. It was a peaceful, cozy scene.

Then. Scooby burped. A very loud, human-sounding burp.

And I started laughing. And I couldn't stop. Tears were streaming down my face. Adam just put his book down and propped himself up on his elbow to watch the spectacle. I hid under the covers until I could compose myself, a good 5 minutes later.

I haven't had a good laughing fit in a while. It's very cathartic. You never know what's going to trigger one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!

McBlaney said...

i couldn't agree with you more... and it's funny, because you were there at the last genuine, uncontrollable laughing fit i ever had - remember when we were at Ems' house in the Hamptons for 4th of July, 2005? and Em found her 8th grade diary? Hands down, that was the hardest and longest I've laughed, quite possibly, in my adult life.

Anonymous said...

What's worse is when you get one of the laughing fits in church. AND it is really bad when you have one along with the preachers wife....sitting on the front row!!
And yes, this was recently.
We couldn't look at each other without getting started all over again and had to sit with our back's toward each other.
Laughter is good for the soul.

Ashley said...

I love the Laura giggles!

I have to mention, when Toby poots a human poot, it scares him every time and he runs like lightening to the other side of the room. I have a fit everytime too!