12.11.2008

Truly Ludicrous Crap

I have a confession. Not even my husband knows, although I think he suspects. I am addicted to TLC. The show about the little people! The show about the couple with twins and sextuplets! The show about the mermaid girl! Oh and can't forget "What Not to Wear"! That Stacy and Clinton are huh-larious!

So what do you get when you watch a show called "Bringing Home Baby" at 1:00 in the afternoon? A lot of commercials targeted at stay-at-home moms. Pampers, Glade plug-ins, hefty trash bags, something scary called Yogurt Bites, and bleach. Lots and lots of bleach! I always thought bleach was one of those things that didn't really require marketing. I mean, I've never forgotten about the existence of bleach, have you? And I truly believe it is one of those products that has no variation amongst brands. No amount of advertising will convince me that Clorox is better than the store brand.

Anyway, this blog is in honor of the special idiots in charge of marketing the Clorox Toilet Wand and its high-end "Designer Caddy." I'm not kidding y'all. They said it in the commercial. Designer Caddy. Those "designers" must have put in some serious overtime hours to come up with that stylish white plastic vertical cylinder that holds a brush that you use to clean your poo and pee receptacle.

I guess the real special idiots are the people who, after seeing this commercial, buy the Toilet Wand based on this chic element that they've been told it has.

3 comments:

Jill/ No B said...

Jason sent me a txt about the snow. He said Wal Mart was closing and every one was freaking out. He, of course, being the IL country boy he is, laughed at everyone. Also John and Kate plus 8 is my favorite. It's addicting!!!!

usafhockey said...

i have one of those caddys... never saw a commercial for it... but seriously, who wants your poop wand floating about?

-L

Laura Sue said...

Oh I have no problem with the existence of the caddy. Every toilet brush needs a stand. My beef is only with the "designer" adjective.