12.15.2008

FAIL!

I've been battling a horrific ingrown toenail since last Thursday. What - you didn't want to hear about my ingrown toenail? Tough!

Anyway, I researched some home remedies and found some that seemed reasonable, which I tried, and others that seemed silly, which I also tried. In the silly category, I include the strategy of sticking a lime on your toe overnight. You don't have to imagine what that might look like because I have documented it for you here:

Surprisingly it remained stuck on my toe all night, and it actually did soften up the nail quite nicely for my amateur self-surgery the next morning. But it ultimately did not produce the desired result. So I went to the podiatrist today and acted like a baby. But I no longer have an ingrown toenail. I can walk normally again and wear shoes.

It's amazing how such a little thing can really disrupt your life. I can't tell you how relieved I am to be totally mobile again and not extremely worried every second about bumping my toe on something.

6 comments:

McBlaney said...

i actually can't stop laughing at 1) how funny this picture is, and 2) the fact that you took this picture

Laura Sue said...

What can I say. I'm always looking for blog material. This seemed to fit the bill.

Anonymous said...

So glad your toe is better. I'll rest easier knowing you won't be wearing flip-flops in Vermont for Christmas!

Rhonda said...

Laura- you are the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite blog entries, of all the blogs, ever. I just hack away at my one renegade nail when it starts to invade my flesh, usually causing more pain. Argh. I think the lime-on-toe thing has a certain 50s send-up wife-in-saran-wrap greeting hardworking man at door with cocktail luuuv appeal. -Mia

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Not the fact that you were in pain, just the fact that you (and posterity) will have a photo to document this minor injury for the rest of your (or cyberspace's) life. Clearly, this is what blogs were meant for ;)
Love ya - Mad