9.16.2008

Broken Record

I had some variation of the following conversation no fewer than 10 times this past weekend at work with a little old demented lady:

Little Old Demented Lady: "Young lady, ya like to drink iced tea?"
Me: "Of course!"
LODL: "You ever try cherries in it?" (pronounced with a "w" instead of an "r")
Me: "Why, no! That sounds delicious"
LODL: "I tell you what you do: you put a few cherries in the tea, and then you put a teaspoon of cherry juice in there. Mmmmm it's so good. I tell you what else you can do is you can put cherries in your milk! You ever thought of that?"
Me: "No, but that sounds like something I'd like to try!"

And so on and so forth. Rinse and repeat a few hours later.

Towards the end I couldn't help but to mess with her a little bit. She'd start to ask me if I drink iced tea and I'd say "Yeah, you know what's great is to put CHERRIES in there!!" and then we'd have this fake little bond for a little while.

2 comments:

McBlaney said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! that's AWESOME!! totally reminds me of when my mom had that 24 hr amnesia in the hospital back in april.

mom "what happened?"
me "you fell off your bike"
mom "i did? where?"
me "the duck pond"
mom "and now i'm in the hospital? why? what happened?"

rinse, repeat, for 5 hours straight... then, by hour 6:

mom "what happened?"
me "you fell off your horse... you woulda been fine if those damn naked clowns weren't chasing you!"
mom "my horse!?!?"

Anonymous said...

Snort!

Snicker...Ooh, Mary, that's good, really...Funny.

~Uncle Booger