8.28.2008

Disaster Preparedness

Maybe it's because I didn't live down here during Katrina, maybe it's because I am living in la-la land, maybe it's because I'm stupid and lazy, but I am lagging way behind everyone else in achieving a proper freak-out mode regarding Gustav.

I did purchase 6 jugs of water today, which was actually quite random with very little logical thinking behind it. I just happened to be in the supermarket looking for basil and thought, hey, it can't hurt to have some jugs of water, I think I'll go with 6!!

Adam is thinking things through appropriately, and I will be taking instructions from him. If we evacuate, we'll take a few boxes of important things and get ourselves and the dogs out of harm's way. Beyond that, I guess I'm pretty fatalistic. What will be will be.

I am supposed to work all weekend, so I am stuck here until Monday morning. Unless the hospital calls in the dedicated hurricane team before then, which is unlikely.

So, wish us all luck! The good people of the Gulf Coast certainly don't need a repeat of Katrina so soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your room is ready.