6.12.2008

Sick and Wrong!!


Sigh. You know you're getting old when you think the new, re-imagined Strawberry Shortcake is a crime against humanity. But seriously, there is no comparison!! The original Strawberry Shortcake was perfection. Why'd they have to go mess with her?? Now she is all pink and sleek and apparently "spends her time chatting on a cellphone instead of brushing her calico, Custard." Um, just no. This is why I'm a teeny bit scared of having a little girl. I don't do well with this kind of thing. I can see myself having a crazy show-down with my daughter in the toy store in a couple of years, standing firm against this kind of crap and insisting on only authentic Strawberry Shortcake merchandise.

Feeling old-fashioned, sentimental, and a wee bit grumpy today. Humph!!

Read a NYT piece about plans being made to "update" many of your favorite cartoon character Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see the new Clue game! As soon as I found out that they were changing some elements of the game, I went out and purchased it. But, it turns out, it's an even more old school retro version than the one I grew up with. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I went out to try and get the OLD version of the game. Not the new one.