6.24.2008

One year

Adam and I got to have breakfast with my best friend this Sunday in New Orleans before she hopped a plane back to Oregon. It did my heart good and, as always, really sucked to say goodbye to that girl again. We ate brunch at this place called Elizabeth's and it was such a treat. Ah, praline bacon, I hardly knew ye.

So, Beth celebrated her one year wedding anniversary with her lovely husband Chris yesterday. In honor of the occasion, I was looking back through the pictures of that weekend in St. Charles Louisiana. Such fun and such bliss!! Easily one of the best weekends of my life.

The traditional first year anniversary gift is paper. I just saw an updated list that allows for plastics for the first year gift. And one of the recommendations was DVDs. How sentimental! (Beth, sorry I didn't send you any plastics. Have I shirked my maid of honor duties?)

Happy anniversary to Beth and Chris!


2 comments:

Dianna said...

Happy Anniversary Beth and Chris! God's blessings for many years to come. You are a special couple and I know Chris has gotten one special Southern gal. Adam got the other!!
Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

I thought you would like to know that I was at Elizabeth's Friday. We ordered two plates of praline bacon, and I ordered it on my hamburger. The hamburgers at Elizabeth's--affectionately known as "Big Ass" burgers--are made with Worcestershire sauce, which is too fine. Combine that with praline bacon, and the Big Ass Burger is officially my favorite in New Orleans. So long, Port of Call; I am over you.