4.06.2008

The best part of waking up

Getting only 3 hours of sleep the past 2 days before going to work made for an exhausted Laura Sue this morning when I got home from the hospital. I threw the blankets over the windows, put on my cute little eye mask thingy that Adam sweetly found for me at the drugstore, and then, with a smile, threatened murder to Adam or the dogs if any one of them got in the way of me getting at least 5 hours of sleep. In REM by 8:15 at the latest. Just now awakened at 3:30 by a sharp, high pitched, and very loud YELP coming from Scooby as Jesse stepped on him on his way out of the bedroom. Scooby is such a drama queen. Totally unnecessary. Jesse just stared at me with his typical "what did I do i'm so sorry and pitiful and heartbreakingly cute" look.

And, Mexican music blasting from one of the neighbors, and I can't figure out where it is coming from since most of our neighbors are black. You know, not to stereotype or anything because I'm sure there are some black people out there who listen to Mexican music, but I doubt they live in Mississippi. And if they do, I need to meet them NOW. Maybe I should go wander the neighborhood, follow the music, and find a new friend. Or maybe I should shoot for another hour of sleep? Yeah, that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgive this comment for being out of place. I wanted to make sure you saw it. With all due respect to the beautiful tree you detailed earlier in your blog, the following link is a photo of the most tremendous (as opposed to most beautiful) tree I have ever seen. I came upon it in Hawaii. Apparently, its branches drop roots. It's over 200 feet wide. Check it out.

http://image51.webshots.com/151/6/62/13/474866213JKYvXg_fs.jpg